Criminal Law

Probation Revocations

Whether you are on probation for a felony or misdemeanor, or whether you have a suspended imposition of sentence (SIS) or a suspended execution of sentence (SES), it is important to consult with an attorney if you are facing a probation violation. In many cases, you will have to attend court for a probation revocation hearing, at which time a judge could revoke your probation and either execute your sentence (if an SES) or sentence you (if an SIS). In either scenario, you want to avoid the execution of a sentence and avoid a conviction on your record.

Although the burden of proof at a probation revocation hearing is less stringent than a criminal trial (i.e., beyond a reasonable doubt), there are still ways to challenge your alleged probation violation. Defendants should investigate the case and evaluate all options. If you violated probation, contact a knowledgeable criminal defense attorney who handles probation revocations to negotiate the best possible deal with the prosecution. They could possibly keep a judge from executing your sentence or from convicting you.

The criminal defense lawyers at The Hammon Law Firm have experience with both felony and misdemeanor probation revocation hearings. They understand the severity of hearings --specifically the impact the results can have on Defendants' lives -- and they have the knowledge to properly advise you regarding your violations. They will evaluate whether the prosecution can prove the violation, advice you of your rights, and work diligently to achieve the best possible outcome for you.

Affordable Services

If you think you cannot afford a criminal defense lawyer, we can help. The firm charges reasonable fees with for all services, maintains affordable retainers, and will set up payment plans when appropriate. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.

Contact a Jefferson County Criminal Defense Attorney

We offer free initial consultations. Contact us online or call 636-789-2661 to set up an appointment. Our office is located in Hillsboro, directly across from the Jefferson County Circuit Courthouse and the Jefferson County Municipal Courthouse.

473 Maple Street  |  Hillsboro, MO 63050